GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   is it too late for veg plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193825-too-late-veg-plants.html)

Tim W 21-09-2010 04:33 PM

is it too late for veg plants?

I had meant to order one of those packs of mixed plants - purple sprouting,
cabbage etc that you get in August to fill the veg patch and get some early
produce. I was busy and I didn't and I thought I had missed the boat now but
I saw in the weekend paper a 'Reader Offer' of exactly that thing:

http://www.guardianoffers.co.uk/mall...getable-plants

But is it really worth planting them now?

Tim W

Tim W 26-09-2010 11:29 PM

is it too late for veg plants?

But is it really worth planting them now?

Actually it isn't worth replying now thanks.

Tim w

uriel13 27-09-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim W (Post 901398)

But is it really worth planting them now?

Actually it isn't worth replying now thanks.

Tim w

Hi Tim W,

Don't be so hasty there are many winter vegetables which you can grow, for instance Garlic and Winter onions the list is endless.

Go online and find out what you can grow, you need to be resilient if you are going to hack it as a cultivator of the soil,

Uriel13

David in Normandy[_8_] 27-09-2010 10:35 AM

is it too late for veg plants?

On 27/09/2010 04:44, uriel13 wrote:
Tim W;901398 Wrote:
-
But is it really worth planting them now?
-
Actually it isn't worth replying now thanks.

Tim w

Hi Tim W,

Don't be so hasty there are many winter vegetables which you can grow,
for instance Garlic and Winter onions the list is endless.

Go online and find out what you can grow, you need to be resilient if
you are going to hack it as a cultivator of the soil,

I've just planted a row of mangetout peas, now is the time.

I've also set out lots of Spring cabbage seedlings - too late to grow
from seed now, but bought seedlings could be plated.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.