GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Scotts Nurseries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193900-scotts-nurseries.html)

kay 28-09-2010 09:47 AM

Scotts Nurseries

I was very sad to read in the Garden that Scotts Nurseries has closed down. All my apple trees came from there - they had an unsurpassed list of varieties including cider apples and old hard-to find varieties.

Rod[_5_] 28-09-2010 06:33 PM

Scotts Nurseries

--
kay

That's another good traditional general nursery gone - what a shame.

Rod

kay 29-09-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] (Post 901529)

I don't know them, Kay though I'm sorry to hear it. But don't forget
Thornehayes have a good selection of lovely old varieties if you're
ever looking again.

Thanks, yes they're not bad. They've got 5 of my 8 which is quite good going.

Bob Hobden 29-09-2010 11:16 PM

Scotts Nurseries

"kay" wrote
'Sacha Wrote:

I don't know them, Kay though I'm sorry to hear it. But don't forget
Thornehayes have a good selection of lovely old varieties if you're
ever looking again.

Thanks, yes they're not bad. They've got 5 of my 8 which is quite good
going.

And Brogdale will always graft any variety they have onto the stock of your
choice (at a price!)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Rod[_5_] 30-09-2010 06:37 PM

Scotts Nurseries

On 29 Sep, 18:43, kay wrote:
'Sacha[_4_ Wrote:

;901529']

I don't know them, Kay though I'm sorry to hear it. *But don't forget
Thornehayes have a good selection of lovely old varieties if you're
ever looking again.

Thanks, yes they're not bad. They've got 5 of my 8 which is quite good
going.

--
kay

Just came across this if anybody's looking for big trees.

http://www.orangepippin.com/articles...series-exstock

Rod