Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

Default OT opening Kilner jars

On 03/10/2010 23:17, Janet wrote:
In ,
says...

OK, wassis then?

http://www.girolle.co.uk/wotsits.html

And no, I don't know, and I haven't found anyone who does.

Something that requires evenly spaced threads; making crochet-lace
gloves ?

Janet

I'm sure I will get put down on this, but it is very similar to a device
that is placed into a pan, with water, items are then placed on top to
keep them out of the water so that they steam nicely.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 23:17:30 +0100, Janet wrote:

And no, I don't know, and I haven't found anyone who does.

Something that requires evenly spaced threads; making crochet-lace
gloves ?

A sock making gadget perhaps?
--
Geoff Berrow
[formerly known as Geoff(Blade-Runner)]
Old 04-10-2010, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Rusty Hinge
writes

The only exception I can think of is the potato-sharpener with the
rocking blade - which is lovely, and only takes off a very thin slice -
except that I only rarely sharpen potatoes.

I have one which probably dates back to when we were first married
(1959), and is still serviceable and sharp. I tried numerous ones
which appeared to be the same design, but just didn't work, - blade to
stiff to swivel, or cutting edges not subtly aligned. I was
terrified that it would be lost or stop working properly!

Then a few months ago I found that Morrisons were selling a range of
black handled implements which included one which worked just as well if
not better. I still keep the old one just in case . . .
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 04-10-2010, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

Rusty Hinge wrote in
:

OK, wassis then?

http://www.girolle.co.uk/wotsits.html

It's brass, so getting pickled eggs, On!ons, etc out of the jar is a
non-starter too.

taking boiled eggs out of egg-boiling water?
Old 04-10-2010, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

Moonraker wrote:

I'm sure I will get put down on this, but it is very similar to a device
that is placed into a pan, with water, items are then placed on top to
keep them out of the water so that they steam nicely.

Why can't you just put the thing in without a tool?

It would put one of those Pyrex discs in a milk saucpan - the ones which
dance about on the bottom and deflate the bubbles, preventing (or
inhibiting) the milk from boiling over.

Even so, if you forget to put one of those in when the milk is cold, you
can always put it in sideways on and let the thing go - gently.

--
Rusty

Old 04-10-2010, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

Rusty Hinge wrote:
Peter wrote:
Rusty Hinge wrote in
:
OK, wassis then?

http://www.girolle.co.uk/wotsits.html

It's brass, so getting pickled eggs, On!ons, etc out of the jar is a
non-starter too.

taking boiled eggs out of egg-boiling water?

Why the dead-sharp points on the wirythings?

Way too many of them as well. Overkill.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Old 05-10-2010, 04:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

In article ,
Peter wrote:

Rusty Hinge wrote in
:

OK, wassis then?

http://www.girolle.co.uk/wotsits.html

It's brass, so getting pickled eggs, On!ons, etc out of the jar is a
non-starter too.

taking boiled eggs out of egg-boiling water?

for pulling hamsters out of Scientologists' nefrf?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

On 05/10/2010 04:25, Molesworth wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Rusty wrote in
:

OK, wassis then?

http://www.girolle.co.uk/wotsits.html

It's brass, so getting pickled eggs, On!ons, etc out of the jar is a
non-starter too.

taking boiled eggs out of egg-boiling water?

for pulling hamsters out of Scientologists' nefrf?

♫ Pulling mussels from a shell ♫

Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

Ron wrote:
On 05/10/2010 04:25, Molesworth wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Rusty wrote in
:

OK, wassis then?

http://www.girolle.co.uk/wotsits.html

It's brass, so getting pickled eggs, On!ons, etc out of the jar is a
non-starter too.

taking boiled eggs out of egg-boiling water?

for pulling hamsters out of Scientologists' nefrf?

♫ Pulling mussels from a shell ♫

Oooh. Slap and Tickle anyone?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

In article ,
says...
? Pulling mussels from a shell ?

Whiskey in the jar?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

In article , catman@rustcuore-
sportivo.co.uk says...
? Pulling mussels from a shell ?

Oooh. Slap and Tickle anyone?

Oh, go on, give us a squeeze.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

On 05/10/2010 12:57, Skipweasel wrote:
In , catman@rustcuore-
sportivo.co.uk says...
? Pulling mussels from a shell ?

Oooh. Slap and Tickle anyone?

Oh, go on, give us a squeeze.

I'm tempted
Old 05-10-2010, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.sheds

Ron wrote:
On 05/10/2010 12:57, Skipweasel wrote:
In , catman@rustcuore-
sportivo.co.uk says...
? Pulling mussels from a shell ?

Oooh. Slap and Tickle anyone?

Oh, go on, give us a squeeze.

I'm tempted

That would leave me up the junction

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Sterilizing Kilner jars Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 74 19-09-2013 06:44 PM
Kilner jars. Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 62 05-09-2013 01:46 AM
Kilner Jars Moonraker United Kingdom 5 14-09-2010 09:08 PM
Preserving your crop in Kilner Jars kilnerman United Kingdom 0 28-04-2007 12:54 PM