GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Gay Feather" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193978-gay-feather.html)

Brandyball 07-10-2010 09:36 AM

"Gay Feather"

Hi could someone tell me how to prepare the gay feather for the winter? They have died off but still are tall and strong. Should I cut them back or let them die back by themselves? Should I cut them back at the base. All help appreciated. Thank you.

Bob Hobden 07-10-2010 04:24 PM

"Gay Feather"

"Brandyball" wrote ...

Hi could someone tell me how to prepare the gay feather for the winter?
They have died off but still are tall and strong. Should I cut them
back or let them die back by themselves? Should I cut them back at the
base. All help appreciated. Thank you.

Might be a good idea to be more specific as to the plant you mean.
Hosta "Gay Feather" or Liatris ... or whatever.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

[email protected] 07-10-2010 06:56 PM

"Gay Feather"

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

"Brandyball" wrote ...

Hi could someone tell me how to prepare the gay feather for the winter?
They have died off but still are tall and strong. Should I cut them
back or let them die back by themselves? Should I cut them back at the
base. All help appreciated. Thank you.

Might be a good idea to be more specific as to the plant you mean.
Hosta "Gay Feather" or Liatris ... or whatever.

Or something more like a gay deceiver?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

mporter213 08-10-2010 05:02 AM

"Gay Feather"

On Oct 7, 4:36*am, Brandyball
wrote:
Hi could someone tell me how to prepare the gay feather for the winter?
They have died off but still are tall and strong. *Should I cut them
back or let them die back by themselves? *Should I cut them back at the
base. *All help appreciated. *Thank you.

--
Brandyball

I would suggest cutting them back if they have died off.

mporter213 08-10-2010 05:07 AM

"Gay Feather"

On Oct 7, 4:36*am, Brandyball
wrote:
Hi could someone tell me how to prepare the gay feather for the winter?
They have died off but still are tall and strong. *Should I cut them
back or let them die back by themselves? *Should I cut them back at the
base. *All help appreciated. *Thank you.

--
Brandyball

I would recommend cutting them back for winter.

mporter213 08-10-2010 05:09 AM

"Gay Feather"

On Oct 7, 4:36*am, Brandyball
wrote:
Hi could someone tell me how to prepare the gay feather for the winter?
They have died off but still are tall and strong. *Should I cut them
back or let them die back by themselves? *Should I cut them back at the
base. *All help appreciated. *Thank you.

--
Brandyball

I would recommend cutting back any parts of the plant that are dead
for the winter.

mporter213 08-10-2010 05:16 AM

"Gay Feather"

On Oct 7, 4:36*am, Brandyball
wrote:
Hi could someone tell me how to prepare the gay feather for the winter?
They have died off but still are tall and strong. *Should I cut them
back or let them die back by themselves? *Should I cut them back at the
base. *All help appreciated. *Thank you.

--
Brandyball

I would recommend cutting the plants back for the winter.

Brandyball 08-10-2010 01:33 PM

Liatris is the plant, but "Gay Feather" is easier to remember. Sorry I should have been more specific. Thanks to all who responded. I'll cut them back.

Bob Hobden[_3_] 08-10-2010 04:57 PM

"Gay Feather"

"Brandyball" wrote ...

Liatris is the plant, but "Gay Feather" is easier to remember. Sorry I
should have been more specific. Thanks to all who responded. I'll cut
them back.

You knew what you meant it was just the rest of us that were a bit confused.
:-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden