GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   recommend a reliable supplier (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194048-recommend-reliable-supplier.html)

Yuri 12-10-2010 12:29 PM

recommend a reliable supplier

for SWMBO "we" are going down the container route and am looking for a
reliable supplier for miniature daffs and tulip bulbs and spring
flowering plug plants - primulets(?) pansies etc. Thanks.

Spider[_3_] 14-10-2010 01:10 PM

On 12/10/2010 12:29, yuri wrote:
for SWMBO "we" are going down the container route and am looking for a
reliable supplier for miniature daffs and tulip bulbs and spring
flowering plug plants - primulets(?) pansies etc. Thanks.

I get my bulbs from Parkers and Bloms.
Parkers are cheaper and the bulbs are reasonable quality. Bloms bulbs
are better quality, but more expensive.

I'm wary of buying plants from Parkers because, in the past, they've
been less than impressive. I prefer to buy plants from my local gc so I
can check the quality. For this reason, I cannot recommend a bedding
plant catalogue. Sorry.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London