Old 09-11-2010, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cleaning Greenhouse Glass

Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 9, 12:10*pm, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Thanks

Armillotox is what I found works.

Jonathan
Old 09-11-2010, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Roger Tonkin" wrote ...

Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Jeyes Fluid inside and out, but still try to avoid the fruit bushes.
http://www.jeyes.co.uk/jeyesfluid.htm

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 15-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Tonkin View Post
Now that the greenhouse is empty, the next job is to clean off all the
gren (?Lichen) from the glass.

What is the best approach, that will potentially stop it reappearing?
SWMBO suggests bleach, which is fine on three sides, but there are young
fruit bushes on the other side that may object to a soaking/splashing.

Thanks
I know the frame too needs to be regularly inspected to make sure it is in order. I don't know that much about it but I have been told vinegar works, however I don't know how effective that is. I would have mine done professionally.
Bat Boxes - Help Your Local Bat Friends
Chimineas | Parasols | Garden Benches | Garden Furniture Covers