Old 10-11-2010, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 'Mind your own business'

We are always having a problem with this weed encroaching onto and into
everything in one of the beds in the North facing front garden. We are
thinking of letting it go and trimming it at the edges as if it were a lawn,
with anything which CAN stand it, either growing through/round or with it.

Apart from the woodlice which always seem to accumulate under it, can anyone
see and advantages or problems?

Thanks

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Nov 10, 9:15*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
We are always having a problem with this weed encroaching onto and into
everything in one of the beds in the North facing front garden. We are
thinking of letting it go and trimming it at the edges as if it were a lawn,
with anything which CAN stand it, either growing through/round or with it..

Apart from the woodlice which always seem to accumulate under it, can anyone
see and advantages or problems?

Thanks

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

I prefer the name Babies Teardrops for it.
It makes a very good liner for hanging baskets,
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Nov 10, 9:15 am, "'Mike'" wrote:
We are always having a problem with this weed encroaching onto and into
everything in one of the beds in the North facing front garden. We are
thinking of letting it go and trimming it at the edges as if it were a
lawn,
with anything which CAN stand it, either growing through/round or with it.

Apart from the woodlice which always seem to accumulate under it, can
anyone
see and advantages or problems?

Thanks

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

I prefer the name Babies Teardrops for it.
It makes a very good liner for hanging baskets,

.................................................. .................

My question reminds me of a joke about the chap who kept on going to the
window and yelling out "Green side up" then turned to a visiting friend and
said, "A non gardening friend is laying a lawn for me".

My question being, green side in or out?

Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Nov 10, 9:37*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote in message

On Nov 10, 9:15 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

We are always having a problem with this weed encroaching onto and into
everything in one of the beds in the North facing front garden. We are
thinking of letting it go and trimming it at the edges as if it were a
lawn,
with anything which CAN stand it, either growing through/round or with it.

Apart from the woodlice which always seem to accumulate under it, can
anyone
see and advantages or problems?

Thanks

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

I prefer the name Babies Teardrops for it.
It makes a very good liner for hanging baskets,

.................................................. ................

My question reminds me of a joke about the chap who kept on going to the
window and yelling out "Green side up" then turned to a visiting friend and
said, "A non gardening friend is laying a lawn for me".

My question being, green side in or out?

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Depends what you want from it, but "Green side Out" gives a lovely
looking basket, better than old brown base.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 01:21:42 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Nov 10, 9:15*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
We are always having a problem with this weed encroaching onto and into
everything in one of the beds in the North facing front garden. We are
thinking of letting it go and trimming it at the edges as if it were a lawn,
with anything which CAN stand it, either growing through/round or with it.

Apart from the woodlice which always seem to accumulate under it, can anyone
see and advantages or problems?

I prefer the name Babies Teardrops for it.
It makes a very good liner for hanging baskets,

Now David, that's a very good idea. I shall try it next year. I have
plenty of it, though it is not a nuisance.

Pam in Bristol