GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Celery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194392-celery.html)

kathstarke 10-11-2010 07:03 PM

Celery

Do people think that celery is easy to grow?

Any suggestions - or pitfalls?

harry 11-11-2010 10:46 AM

Celery

On Nov 10, 7:03*pm, kathstarke wrote:
Do people think that celery is easy to grow?

Any suggestions - or pitfalls?

I grow celery. Needs a free draining fertile soil & lots of
watering. Don't plant the seed in too high a temperature or it won't
germinate.

No Name 12-11-2010 09:58 AM

Celery

kathstarke wrote:
Do people think that celery is easy to grow?

Any suggestions - or pitfalls?

I tried it for the first time this year, and I have lots of leaf and no
stalk. Which is fine, cos I don't like celery, and the chickens love the
leaves. ;-)

Ed 12-11-2010 04:23 PM

Celery

kathstarke wrote:

Do people think that celery is easy to grow?

Any suggestions - or pitfalls?

Tis all thin stringy stems . All run to seed now.

Just digging up what I have now and see if I can make anything like a
decent soup out of it/

Ed