GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Conkers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194451-conkers.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 14-11-2010 08:48 PM

Conkers

Did anyone hear "Just a minute" today? One subject was Conkers.
One panellist got buzzed in mid sentence when he said something to do
with spiders and said "there'a an old wives tale.........." and we
never heard the rest. Sounds like the thread on here recently. There
obviously is some old folklore in it.
Incidentally I have conkers in the bottom of my wardrobe, which have
been there many years after I heard that they deter clothes moths!
They probably need renewing each year (conkers not noths)!

Pam in Bristol