Old 17-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered User

Default Magnolia grandiflora identification

Hi, About two years ago I purchased a Magnolia grandiflora "Edith Bogue" online, I have since had my doubts, as to what variety of Magnolia grandiflora I actually have. I also have an Magnolia grandiflora species in the garden, which survived the cold winter last year ok, but the "Edith Bogue" died to the ground and has since regrown, and I thought this was a more hardy variety, which is why I purchased it. The plant I have has larger leaves, than the species grandiflora and does not have a trace of the brown felting underneath, which Edith Bogue, is supposed to have. Can anyone identify which variety of Magnolia grandiflora I have or confirm that it is not an "Edith Bogue" ? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Magnolia grandiflora identification-picture-073.jpg