GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   British Plant Nursery guide (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194575-british-plant-nursery-guide.html)

Janet Tweedy 25-11-2010 05:13 PM

British Plant Nursery guide

Has anyone else seen this? It was featured in the Cottage garden nursery
magazine and recommended to me by one of the gardening club members.
Seems quite useful and possibly a good place to pick up ideas for visits
etc?
Haven't seen Sacha, Charlie or Abacus in there but I haven't visited all
the pages yet :)
Web address is
http://www.britishplantnurseryguide.co.uk/
Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Dave Hill 25-11-2010 09:33 PM

On 2010-11-25 17:13:22 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

Has anyone else seen this? It was featured in the Cottage garden
nursery magazine and recommended to me by one of the gardening club
members.
Seems quite useful and possibly a good place to pick up ideas for visits etc?
Haven't seen Sacha, Charlie or Abacus in there but I haven't visited
all the pages yet :)
Web address is
http://www.britishplantnurseryguide.co.uk/
Janet

I don't know it at all, Janet but thanks for the alert! *I'll look into it.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

It looks like a guide you have to pay to be in,( see how to join) and
covers a very restricted area at present.
As we don't open to the public I doubt if you will ever find us in it.
David

Janet Tweedy 25-11-2010 10:09 PM

British Plant Nursery guide

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
It looks like a guide you have to pay to be in,( see how to join) and
covers a very restricted area at present.
As we don't open to the public I doubt if you will ever find us in it.
David

So it's not a guide to some of the best nurseries then but a guide of
those nurseries willing to pay?
Such a shame as it was recommended by the Cottage Garden society
newsletter.

Janet

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 26-11-2010 12:42 PM

British Plant Nursery guide

In article ,
says...
In article
,
Dave Hill writes
It looks like a guide you have to pay to be in,( see how to join) and
covers a very restricted area at present.
As we don't open to the public I doubt if you will ever find us in it.
David

So it's not a guide to some of the best nurseries then but a guide of
those nurseries willing to pay?
Such a shame as it was recommended by the Cottage Garden society
newsletter.

Janet

Just had a look and only 1% of the nurseries I know are in it, I never
will be as you have to pay!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk