GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Just by chance (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194611-just-chance.html)

Kathy McIntosh 28-11-2010 02:17 PM

Just by chance

I happened to glance through the window at my neighbour's rowan tree this
morning, just in time to see a small flock of waxwings descend on it. They
spent about 5 minutes stuffing their beaks, then flew off, no doubt with
another rowan firmly in their sights :-}

--
Kathy

kay 29-11-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy McIntosh (Post 906178)
I happened to glance through the window at my neighbour's rowan tree this
morning, just in time to see a small flock of waxwings descend on it. They
spent about 5 minutes stuffing their beaks, then flew off, no doubt with
another rowan firmly in their sights :-}

We had a flock in our garden last week. Lovely birds, aren't they? Round here they prefer guelder rose, but that's probably because the blackbirds got the last of the rowan weeks ago.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 29-11-2010 02:19 PM

Just by chance

In article ,
says...
I happened to glance through the window at my neighbour's rowan tree this
morning, just in time to see a small flock of waxwings descend on it. They
spent about 5 minutes stuffing their beaks, then flew off, no doubt with
another rowan firmly in their sights :-}

Lovely, much as I hate the wet, cold and gloom of a British winter, I
think I would miss it as well, took the new dog for a walk today and
everything was white right to the highest twigs, we seldom see that down
here and it was very beautiful.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk