GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seeds Wanted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/194612-seeds-wanted.html)

brightonboy 28-11-2010 10:03 PM

Seeds Wanted

Hi I have just moved into a property with an 80 foot garden.
Does anyone have any unwanted seeds that I may have, i so I would be so grateful.

shazzbat 29-11-2010 07:49 AM

Seeds Wanted

"brightonboy" wrote in message

Hi I have just moved into a property with an 80 foot garden.
Does anyone have any unwanted seeds that I may have, i so I would be so
grateful.

I would suggest your local Freecycle group would be a good place to start.
If our local (Poole) group is anything to go by, people are always giving
away surplus plants, seeds and produce, not to mention lots of other useful
gardening stuff.

And welcome to the group.

Steve

Janet Tweedy 29-11-2010 07:36 PM

Seeds Wanted

In article , shazzbat
writes
I would suggest your local Freecycle group would be a good place to
start. If our local (Poole) group is anything to go by, people are
always giving away surplus plants, seeds and produce, not to mention
lots of other useful gardening stuff.

And welcome to the group.

Steve

Might I suggest the OP joins his local gardening Club where he'll be
inundated with stuff if he asks! Especially divided plants etc. he
didn't say whether it was veg. Perennials, shrubs, or what he wanted
which doesn't help.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Janet Tweedy 29-11-2010 07:37 PM

Seeds Wanted

In article , Sacha
writes
Do you mean veg seeds or flower seeds or both? And do you live in
Brighton? What people send you could be affected by where you live.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Brighton has a very good seed exchange that takes place sometime in the
spring, though i am not sure whereabouts.

Janet

mogga 30-11-2010 01:55 PM

Seeds Wanted

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:37:01 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
Do you mean veg seeds or flower seeds or both? And do you live in
Brighton? What people send you could be affected by where you live.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Brighton has a very good seed exchange that takes place sometime in the
spring, though i am not sure whereabouts.

Janet

http://www.seedysunday.org/
Seedy Sunday - the first Sunday in February every year
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk