GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn covered in the leaves what the..? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/195075-lawn-covered-leaves-what.html)

Eurofeeds[_2_] 01-01-2011 08:08 AM

Lawn covered in the leaves what the..?

Strange situation here with the lawn covered in leaves on 1st Jan! The snow
has just gone after laying for 5 weeks, and it came before I got chance to
clear the autumn leaves!

Trevor
East Yorkshire

kay 01-01-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurofeeds[_2_] (Post 908810)
Strange situation here with the lawn covered in leaves on 1st Jan! The snow
has just gone after laying for 5 weeks, and it came before I got chance to
clear the autumn leaves!

Same here. And all the trees that hadn't gt rid of their leaves by the last week of November now have dry brown frozen leaves hanging from their branches. Everything is curiously flat. The garden really is not happy looking!

MuddyMike 01-01-2011 01:06 PM

Lawn covered in the leaves what the..?

"Eurofeeds" wrote in message
. com...
Strange situation here with the lawn covered in leaves on 1st Jan! The
snow has just gone after laying for 5 weeks, and it came before I got
chance to clear the autumn leaves!

Same here, the borders are still covered as well. One area of lawn is still
covered in snow, with leaves on the top.

Mike

Baz[_3_] 02-01-2011 08:39 AM

Lawn covered in the leaves what the..?

"Eurofeeds" wrote in
. com:

Strange situation here with the lawn covered in leaves on 1st Jan! The
snow has just gone after laying for 5 weeks, and it came before I got
chance to clear the autumn leaves!

Trevor
East Yorkshire

The same here in N.Lincs. Mad isn't it!
Baz

Chris J Dixon 04-01-2011 03:35 PM

Eurofeeds wrote:

Strange situation here with the lawn covered in leaves on 1st Jan! The snow
has just gone after laying for 5 weeks, and it came before I got chance to
clear the autumn leaves!

My lawn was cleared, but leaves were left on the edges of some of
the borders. The blackbirds have assiduously worked their way
round flicking lots of them back onto the lawn. :-(

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.