GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More birding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/195227-more-birding.html)

Dave Hill 13-01-2011 02:03 PM

More birding

As I have said before we have our bird feeders inside a pair of
hanging baskets hung edge on
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/Feeder.jpg
Well I heard a commotion as I was getting lunch ready, I went out only
to see a sparow hawk hanging upside down from the feeder, thinking
that it had somehow got cought I started to go towards it.
It just droped off and flew away as did the starling inside the feeder
it must have had a grip on.
I wonder if it would have managed to get it out if I hadn't gone out.
David

'Mike'[_4_] 13-01-2011 02:10 PM

More birding

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
As I have said before we have our bird feeders inside a pair of
hanging baskets hung edge on
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/Feeder.jpg
Well I heard a commotion as I was getting lunch ready, I went out only
to see a sparow hawk hanging upside down from the feeder, thinking
that it had somehow got cought I started to go towards it.
It just droped off and flew away as did the starling inside the feeder
it must have had a grip on.
I wonder if it would have managed to get it out if I hadn't gone out.
David

What a pity you didn't have your camera handy!

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive