GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paging Sacha - sewing tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/195393-paging-sacha-sewing-tomatoes.html)

Derek Turner 28-01-2011 10:02 AM

Paging Sacha - sewing tomatoes

It's 2 deg here (feels like -3 in the easterly wind) and likely to stay
that way for a few more days yet. I have an unheated greenhouse available
to me. Is it still too early to sow the Sunrise seeds, do you think (they
are for outdoor growing)?

No Name 28-01-2011 10:51 AM

Derek Turner wrote:
It's 2 deg here (feels like -3 in the easterly wind) and likely to stay
that way for a few more days yet. I have an unheated greenhouse available
to me. Is it still too early to sow the Sunrise seeds, do you think (they
are for outdoor growing)?

Personally, I am about to start sowing mine this weekend (it's been on my
todo list for weeks!) and putting them on an indoor windowsill. I wouldn't
attempt to germinate anything in an unheated greenhouse at this time of
year!

Fuschia[_3_] 28-01-2011 11:51 AM

On 28 Jan 2011 10:02:15 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

It's 2 deg here (feels like -3 in the easterly wind) and likely to stay
that way for a few more days yet. I have an unheated greenhouse available
to me. Is it still too early to sow the Sunrise seeds, do you think (they
are for outdoor growing)?

I tried sewing tomatoes, but the juice came out the stitches.

Bob Hobden 28-01-2011 12:33 PM

Paging Sacha - sewing tomatoes

"Derek Turner" wrote ...

It's 2 deg here (feels like -3 in the easterly wind) and likely to stay
that way for a few more days yet. I have an unheated greenhouse available
to me. Is it still too early to sow the Sunrise seeds, do you think (they
are for outdoor growing)?

For outdoor growing I usually plant mine in mid April.
You don't want them too big and lanky before they go out first week of June.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Derek Turner 28-01-2011 12:36 PM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:33:02 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

For outdoor growing I usually plant mine in mid April. You don't want
them too big and lanky before they go out first week of June.

Yebbut 'here' is Jersey and so I can put them out at least 4 weeks before
that, maybe six or even eight, which is why I was paging Sacha.

Derek Turner 28-01-2011 12:38 PM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:51:27 +0000, Fuschia wrote:

I tried sewing tomatoes, but the juice came out the stitches.

Yeah, I noticed that in the subject but couldn't be *rsed to change it.
Got it right inn the body thobut.

Derek Turner 28-01-2011 12:42 PM

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:38:03 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:

Got it right inn the body thobut.

in the body FFS

Mike Lyle[_1_] 28-01-2011 03:11 PM

wrote:

On 28 Jan 2011 10:02:15 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

It's 2 deg here (feels like -3 in the easterly wind) and likely to stay
that way for a few more days yet. I have an unheated greenhouse available
to me. Is it still too early to sow the Sunrise seeds, do you think (they
are for outdoor growing)?

I tried sewing tomatoes, but the juice came out the stitches.

It's a stitch up.

Darned amusing.

--
Mike.

shazzbat 28-01-2011 03:19 PM

wrote:

On 28 Jan 2011 10:02:15 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

It's 2 deg here (feels like -3 in the easterly wind) and likely to
stay
that way for a few more days yet. I have an unheated greenhouse
available
to me. Is it still too early to sow the Sunrise seeds, do you think
(they
are for outdoor growing)?

I tried sewing tomatoes, but the juice came out the stitches.

It's a stitch up.

Darned amusing.

Tangling up this thread, though...

No, it just seams that way.

Steve

Fuschia[_3_] 29-01-2011 10:51 AM

On 28 Jan 2011 12:42:16 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:38:03 +0000, Derek Turner wrote:

Got it right inn the body thobut.

in the body FFS

Sorry Derek. I hope it didn't give you the pip.