GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any ideas on quality etc etc of fruit trees from Deacon's, any experiences plz (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/195608-any-ideas-quality-etc-etc-fruit-trees-deacons-any-experiences-plz.html)

spender 15-02-2011 07:48 PM

Mike Lyle[_1_] 15-02-2011 11:12 PM

Any ideas on quality etc etc of fruit trees from Deacon's, any experiences plz

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:48:00 GMT, "spender"
wrote:

Any ideas on quality etc etc of fruit trees from Deacon's, any
experiences plz

I found them very good for quality and variety, but I've just realised
that was a quarter of a century ago. Gulp!

--
Mike.

Jim Jackson 18-02-2011 11:52 PM

wrote:

Any ideas on quality etc etc of fruit trees from Deacon's, any
experiences plz

I found them very good for quality and variety, but I've just realised
that was a quarter of a century ago. Gulp!

Similar - 8 trees & 10 bushes bought in 1988. Only one tree struggles - it
still is and will probably come out, I've grafted bits onto another
rootstock elsewhere. But I reckon it's in a damp spot where water collects
in winter, so prob. not Deacon's fault.