GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lavender (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/195658-lavender.html)

rabc 20-02-2011 10:50 AM

Lavender

Thinking of planting out some lavender in containers in the front garden, trouble is it only gets the full sun from around 1.00pm onwards, will i still get some display of colour etc or am i wasting my time.......thanks

Benacre 20-02-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabc (Post 913259)
Thinking of planting out some lavender in containers in the front garden, trouble is it only gets the full sun from around 1.00pm onwards, will i still get some display of colour etc or am i wasting my time.......thanks

No of course not. I would fill the large pot with 5" well rotted manure and top up the rest with potting compost, say JI no 3. water well and you should be ok. Good luck and lets see some pics later this summer.