GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden Cultivator update. Very good (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/195974-garden-cultivator-update-very-good.html)

Baz[_3_] 18-03-2011 03:18 PM

Garden Cultivator update. Very good

I took delivery this morning of this electrically powered machine and after
giving it a go I am very impressed with it on my light soil.
Ok it does not go very deep but the top 8" of the bit I tried is a delight,
nice fine tilth to sow on, and quick too.
The area I covered in 10 minutes (2m by 3m) would have took me half a
morning to get similar results. It took me longer to rake it even. Can't
wait until the soil is a bit drier to do the whole lot.
I can't imagine it being much good on heavy soils though as the motor was
under some stress(well it sounded like it) with mine.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_18998.htm

All in all I think it was £50 well spent. Time will tell.

Baz

BTW nearly forgot.
Took 1/2 hour to assemble, but straight forward to do.

Spider[_3_] 19-03-2011 07:15 PM

On 18/03/2011 15:18, Baz wrote:
I took delivery this morning of this electrically powered machine and after
giving it a go I am very impressed with it on my light soil.
Ok it does not go very deep but the top 8" of the bit I tried is a delight,
nice fine tilth to sow on, and quick too.
The area I covered in 10 minutes (2m by 3m) would have took me half a
morning to get similar results. It took me longer to rake it even. Can't
wait until the soil is a bit drier to do the whole lot.
I can't imagine it being much good on heavy soils though as the motor was
under some stress(well it sounded like it) with mine.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_18998.htm

All in all I think it was £50 well spent. Time will tell.

Baz

BTW nearly forgot.
Took 1/2 hour to assemble, but straight forward to do.

Pleased to hear it, Baz! I almost wish I had light soil so I could try
one. Alas, my clay is not just heavy, but very stony, having been a
building site twice. Not a great site for a cultivator:~(. Very glad
that you're happy with your £50s worth.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London