GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Collecting adn sowing Bay Laurel Seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196000-collecting-adn-sowing-bay-laurel-seeds.html)

Vignette 19-03-2011 08:48 PM

Collecting adn sowing Bay Laurel Seeds

Hi everyone - new to this forum and wanted your help. My Bay Laurel had been growing well but took a bit of a beating during the winter, and several shoots have died off (I can prune back without too much hassle as there are several healthy shoots against the house wall). However, the 'dead' shoots are carrying what appear to be a lot of dried seeds. Is it possible to propagate from these, or are they past their best? I've collected about 1000 quite easily and it seems a shame to let these go to waste as I use the leaves in cooking quite frequently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul