GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thursday and wall to wall sunshine ........ (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196079-thursday-wall-wall-sunshine.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 24-03-2011 07:58 AM

Thursday and wall to wall sunshine ........

............... again:-))

Hope you have the same where you are

Is this the start of a 1959/1976 Summer?

Who remembers the Summer of 1959? I was in the Royal Navy and at Portsmouth

Who remembers 1976? I was in Camp Hill Prison ...........................
teaching ;-)
Home had a massive garden which got scorched. South East Coast of the Isle
of Wight on the side of the South facing Downs

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Baz[_3_] 24-03-2011 03:47 PM

Thursday and wall to wall sunshine ........

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

.............. again:-))

Hope you have the same where you are

Is this the start of a 1959/1976 Summer?

Who remembers the Summer of 1959? I was in the Royal Navy and at
Portsmouth

Who remembers 1976? I was in Camp Hill Prison
........................... teaching ;-)
Home had a massive garden which got scorched. South East Coast of the
Isle of Wight on the side of the South facing Downs

Mike

I remember snow and gales this year during June. I was a young lad then and
still remember my dads greenhouse straddling next door neighbour's fence.
What a gale that was! I have photos and will post them as soon as I find a
host that I feel ok with.

Baz

'Mike'[_4_] 24-03-2011 05:34 PM

Thursday and wall to wall sunshine ........

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

.............. again:-))

Hope you have the same where you are

Is this the start of a 1959/1976 Summer?

Who remembers the Summer of 1959? I was in the Royal Navy and at
Portsmouth

Who remembers 1976? I was in Camp Hill Prison
........................... teaching ;-)
Home had a massive garden which got scorched. South East Coast of the
Isle of Wight on the side of the South facing Downs

Mike

I remember snow and gales this year during June. I was a young lad then
and
still remember my dads greenhouse straddling next door neighbour's fence.
What a gale that was! I have photos and will post them as soon as I find a
host that I feel ok with.

Baz

Try

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=4HVWX4UN