GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chicken Sh.. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196127-chicken-sh.html)

Dave Hill 26-03-2011 06:38 PM

Chicken Sh..

Morrisons are selling 10Kg tubs of peleted Poultry Sh.. Manure. for
£6.00
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Janet 26-03-2011 06:59 PM

Chicken Sh..

In article 00b32820-e245-4a45-9912-498ae1e89497
@d16g2000yqd.googlegroups.com, says...

Morrisons are selling 10Kg tubs of peleted Poultry Sh.. Manure. for
£6.00
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Yes; its a great fertiliser (be sparing, it's powerful). I( just
scatter it on the surface of beds.

Janet.

Bob Hobden 26-03-2011 07:33 PM

Chicken Sh..

"Dave Hill" wrote ..

Morrisons are selling 10Kg tubs of peleted Poultry Sh.. Manure. for
£6.00
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Not Morrison's but yes we use them and have done for years. My orchids all
seem to appreciate a few pellets each and the citrus get a good dose. Use it
on the allotment for the onions etc. even crushed it up for the grass.
The only drawback is that once wet it smells for a few days and I do wonder
if it's the cause of foxes digging on the allotment.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Jeff Layman[_2_] 26-03-2011 07:51 PM

Chicken Sh..

On 26/03/2011 18:38, Dave Hill wrote:
Morrisons are selling 10Kg tubs of peleted Poultry Sh.. Manure. for
£6.00
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Can't say I have.

Couldn't you just shred Hansard and use that?

--

Jeff

Pam Moore[_2_] 27-03-2011 09:09 AM

Chicken Sh..

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:59:35 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article 00b32820-e245-4a45-9912-498ae1e89497
, says...

Morrisons are selling 10Kg tubs of peleted Poultry Sh.. Manure. for
£6.00
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Yes; its a great fertiliser (be sparing, it's powerful). I( just
scatter it on the surface of beds.

I emphasise the "use sparingly".
You can kill things, especially pot plants, by adding too much, as I
found to my cost the first year I used it.

Pam in Bristol

harry 27-03-2011 09:15 AM

Chicken Sh..

On Mar 26, 7:38*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
Morrisons are selling 10Kg tubs of peleted Poultry Sh.. Manure. for
£6.00
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Far too expensive. Plenty of other cheaper alternatives.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 30-03-2011 01:20 PM

Chicken Sh..

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Morrisons are selling 10Kg tubs of peleted Poultry Sh.. Manure. for
£6.00
Has anyone ever used this stuff?

Don't over do it Dave, we used to use the clearings from a local poultry
operation but it caused also sorts of mineral imbalances because we used so
much, bit like gunpowder really, good fun for fireworks use to much and it
destroys things

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs