GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How big is yours? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196200-how-big-yours.html)

Dave Hill 01-04-2011 02:13 PM

How big is yours?

We used to have a Forsythia with very large flowers, I mesured one
ince and the petals were 1.2 inches long, unfortunatly I've lost it
and the best we have now measure just short of 1 inch.
Who can beat that?

Baz[_3_] 01-04-2011 02:26 PM

How big is yours?

Dave Hill wrote in news:5c9989c9-3372-4d9f-
:

We used to have a Forsythia with very large flowers, I mesured one
ince and the petals were 1.2 inches long, unfortunatly I've lost it
and the best we have now measure just short of 1 inch.
Who can beat that?

Well if you measure one ince, everything will look dig;-)

Baz

ince?

Jeff Layman[_2_] 01-04-2011 07:36 PM

How big is yours?

On 01/04/2011 14:13, Dave Hill wrote:
We used to have a Forsythia with very large flowers, I mesured one
ince and the petals were 1.2 inches long, unfortunatly I've lost it
and the best we have now measure just short of 1 inch.
Who can beat that?

I can't - I dislike the yellow of Forsythia x intermedia, so don't grow
it. But recently I saw Forsythia suspensa flowering. Now that is a
nice colour.

--

Jeff