GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oh Sacha ... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196206-oh-sacha.html)

No Name 01-04-2011 06:38 PM

Oh Sacha ...

Wondering if you'd seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12932108

(personally I liked story (3) - doesn't sound like the Southport I grew up
in!!)

'Mike'[_4_] 01-04-2011 06:43 PM

Oh Sacha ...

Do keep up.

This has dominated urg all day :-((

Must be expected of course, but where have you been ?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

shazzbat 01-04-2011 08:55 PM

Oh Sacha ...

On 2011-04-01 18:38:21 +0100, said:

Wondering if you'd seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12932108

(personally I liked story (3) - doesn't sound like the Southport I grew
up
in!!)

So which is worse. Being called a garden centre, or suburbia?

Steve

No Name 01-04-2011 10:30 PM

Oh Sacha ...

Sacha wrote:
Wondering if you'd seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12932108

(personally I liked story (3) - doesn't sound like the Southport I grew up
in!!)

It was posted, Vicky but we hadn't known about it before that. This

Sorry, I knew it was posted elsewhere, I wasn't sure if you'd seen it had
been collated in the BBC list of weird, though.

story has developed its own legs, in fact, perhaps because the idea
that a box hedge could call down a 'curse' upon anyone, is just so

I'm fascinated that a box hedge could actually be topiaried into a
recognisable anything! The previous owner's attempts at topiary here
resulted in us buying a house witha giant green snowman in the back garden.

Southport should be alert. Very. ;-)

I lived there for 7 years, alert was /not/ a word I would ever think to
apply to the town.