GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Conker Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196435-conker-trees.html)

Therefore[_2_] 17-04-2011 02:10 PM

Conker Trees

Some ideas please - ten years ago I planted some Conkers
and one of them has grown quite well

The tree is about twelve to fifteen feet high and looks
amazingly healthy and lush

The question is when can I expect to see some blossom

TIA ..............................Leslie

'Mike'[_4_] 17-04-2011 02:43 PM

Conker Trees

"Therefore" wrote in message
Some ideas please - ten years ago I planted some Conkers
and one of them has grown quite well

The tree is about twelve to fifteen feet high and looks amazingly healthy
and lush

The question is when can I expect to see some blossom

TIA ..............................Leslie

Do you have room for them? My daughter and son in law have some in their
garden and they take quite a spread AND are messy. Two of theirs are in a
bad way and are waiting to be felled. The mess they drop is ugly on the
lawns. Of course the local kids love the Conkers. It's a walled garden so
the kids can't come in, but my daughter collects up bucketfuls and leaves
them outside the main gates ;-))

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

harry 17-04-2011 07:30 PM

Conker Trees

On Apr 17, 2:10*pm, "Therefore" wrote:
Some ideas please - ten years ago I planted some Conkers
and one of them has grown *quite well

The tree is about twelve to fifteen feet high and looks
amazingly healthy and lush

The question is when can I expect to see some blossom

TIA * * ..............................Leslie

I have about six conker treesI grew from conkers. Some are the red
flower ones, they had flowers on when only four feet high or so. The
white flower ones,no flowers yet. (about 12' high)

David Rance 17-04-2011 10:17 PM

Conker Trees

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 Therefore wrote:

Some ideas please - ten years ago I planted some Conkers
and one of them has grown quite well

The tree is about twelve to fifteen feet high and looks amazingly
healthy and lush

The question is when can I expect to see some blossom

About now. I have a couple of conker trees which I grew from seed. The
older one is around ten years old, perhaps a little more, and has
flowered for the last two years. Not copiously, but it still looks quite
a young tree.

David

http://rance.org.uk