Old 24-04-2011, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strawberry Fungal Problem?

I've noticed that the new leaves on some of my plants are affected by
what appears to be a rot, which starts from the edge of the leaves and
works inwards killing the whole leaf eventually. I had this trouble last
year which resulted in the death of nearly half my plants. The affected
plants have been growing strongly and produced plenty of flowers.I can't
see anything on the web which resembles the symptoms exactly, which seem
to have suddenly shown up in the last 2 days.

The affected plants are all neighbouring ones in a trough. I have other
strawberry plants in another container several feet away from the
problem and so far they have not been affected. I've decided to spray
the affected plants with systemic fungicide while the problem is in its
early stages. I'm not sure whether the problem is soil or airborne. The
photos of the symptoms are shown below.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, please?

http://tinyurl.com/3jtkw9q

http://tinyurl.com/3nynq9l
Old 25-04-2011, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:07:50 +0100, Frank wrote:

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, please?

http://tinyurl.com/3jtkw9q

I can't help there, but you know the photo you've labelled 'beetle
thingy'?

That's a ladybird pupa.

Warwic

Strawberry fungal problem? Frank United Kingdom 2 27-04-2011 05:02 PM
Fungal Problem foxglove77 Gardening 3 22-07-2008 09:35 PM
Acer black fungal branch problem - please help Zarch United Kingdom 6 24-10-2006 10:39 AM
Fungal/insect problem with Olive tree? (0/1) news.gtn.net United Kingdom 0 08-05-2003 09:56 PM
what to do with fungal potting mix Salty Thumb of Death Gardening 4 08-03-2003 04:56 PM