GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Privet hedge problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196591-privet-hedge-problem.html)

pansy_pants 25-04-2011 08:13 PM

Privet hedge problem

1 Attachment(s)
My Privot hedge has started dying back from one end and has now reached about 8 feet. The rest of the hedge looks fine but we have noticed a yellow-grey fungus all along the top of the remaining hedge. See attached picture. Could somebody please tell us what this is and how we cure it.

kay 25-04-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pansy_pants (Post 918972)
My Privot hedge has started dying back from one end and has now reached about 8 feet. The rest of the hedge looks fine but we have noticed a yellow-grey fungus all along the top of the remaining hedge. See attached picture. Could somebody please tell us what this is and how we cure it.

Your photo is out of focus. Are you sure that's a fungus and not a lichen?

pansy_pants 25-04-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kay (Post 919018)
Your photo is out of focus. Are you sure that's a fungus and not a lichen?

I'm not sure what it is....I just used the word 'fungus' to decribe what it looks like. Does anyone know what it is or have seen it before and know how to treat it?

Sorry, I would repost the photo, but I have clicked on the thumbnail picture myself and it is not out of focus on my computer. Is it just my computer or are other people finding the photo to be out of focus as well?

Thanks in advance.