GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Corydalis (or something) ID. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196605-corydalis-something-id.html)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 26-04-2011 12:23 AM

Corydalis (or something) ID.

Seen at the top of a quarry face growing with Geranium macrorrhizum,
Lysimachia punctata (I think), Meconopsis cambrica and Narcissus, so I
suspect that it's a throwout.

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Corydalis.jpg

But which one is it? I thought it was going to be Corydalis solida or
Corydalis cava, but the foliage doesn't match.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

gogo[_3_] 26-04-2011 12:20 PM

Corydalis (or something) ID.

On 26/04/2011 00:23, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
Seen at the top of a quarry face growing with Geranium macrorrhizum,
Lysimachia punctata (I think), Meconopsis cambrica and Narcissus, so I
suspect that it's a throwout.

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Corydalis.jpg

But which one is it? I thought it was going to be Corydalis solida or
Corydalis cava, but the foliage doesn't match.

I don't think it's Corydalis, but Dicentra formosa.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 26-04-2011 12:36 PM

Corydalis (or something) ID.

In message , gogo
writes
On 26/04/2011 00:23, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
Seen at the top of a quarry face growing with Geranium macrorrhizum,
Lysimachia punctata (I think), Meconopsis cambrica and Narcissus, so I
suspect that it's a throwout.

http://www.stewart.hinsley.me.uk/Images/Corydalis.jpg

But which one is it? I thought it was going to be Corydalis solida or
Corydalis cava, but the foliage doesn't match.

I don't think it's Corydalis, but Dicentra formosa.

I think you're right. I seem to have placed too much weight on the
floral characteristics of Dicentra eximia when (prematurely) eliminating
Dicentra.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley