GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to grow this plant for hedges? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196707-how-grow-plant-hedges.html)

Francogrex 01-05-2011 10:28 AM

How to grow this plant for hedges?

Hi, I don't know the name of this plant (it's used for hedges, please
see picture he http://francogrex.byethost2.com ), but I took one
small branch from the neighbor's and put it in a cup of water hoping
it will grow roots (almost one week in water, still looking good but
no roots yet) and then I can transfer it into a pot of earth or
directly outside. Will this work?

Francogrex 02-05-2011 12:25 PM

Yes sorry, moved it to he http://francogrex.byethost2.com

echinosum 03-05-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francogrex (Post 919628)
Hi, I don't know the name of this plant (it's used for hedges, please
see picture he http://francogrex.byethost2.com ), but I took one
small branch from the neighbor's and put it in a cup of water hoping
it will grow roots (almost one week in water, still looking good but
no roots yet) and then I can transfer it into a pot of earth or
directly outside. Will this work?

I'm not quite sure what it is, just on a leaf. But whatever it is, you need some new growth, this season's, not last year's, to have any chance of growing it by the method you are trying. Check out the RHS advice website, under cuttings. Not everything takes from cuttings.