GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT Raucous Rooks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196766-ot-raucous-rooks.html)

Moonraker 04-05-2011 06:09 PM

OT Raucous Rooks

We have a rookery a couple of houses down atop some very large trees.
Now they make a lot of noise, but I quite like it. However they have
never come into my or my neighbours garden. These last few days they
have, one could almost say, invaded both gardens, making a lot of noise
and perching on quite small trees and even the ground. Anyone any idea
as to why this might be? I am not complaining just wondering.

harry 04-05-2011 08:42 PM

OT Raucous Rooks

On May 4, 6:09*pm, Moonraker wrote:
We have a rookery a couple of houses down atop some very large trees.
Now they make a lot of noise, but I quite like it. However they have
never come into my or my neighbours garden. These last few days they
have, one could almost say, invaded both gardens, making a lot of noise
and perching on quite small trees and even the ground. Anyone any idea
as to why this might be? I am not complaining just wondering.

Mating season. Lots of fighting and aggro!