Old 09-05-2008, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Where have all the squirrels gone

We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Mike

Old 09-05-2008, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Mike

I've noticed the same.

Mary

Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:
We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Mike

I wish I could say the same but my planters have been ruined by them
this year. I must have tried planting bulbs in them and pots about 3
times and then the grey sods dig them up and ruin other plants looking
for bulbs.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:
We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at
times but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas
why?

I had one in my living room the other day; the cat chased it in. I chased it
out again.

Ian

Old 09-05-2008, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 9 May 2008 14:03:09 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Watched one sunning itself on a neighbour's rootop for a good 5 minutes this
morning- until a pigeon tried to land on it.

http://diy.110mb.com/greysqu.jpg
(before pigeon)

Geo

Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"Muddymike" wrote in message
We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Perhaps you live in an area where people who disapprove of squirrels pay for
the animals to be exterminated?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Mike

Here in our neck of the woods my cat kills and eats the babies if she can
catch them. If she can't, we'll have no walnuts in the autumn.

I saw a squirrel running along a power line across the street from my house
a couple of days ago.

someone

Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Mike

I spotted two of them relaxing in the sun, got a video
of the little *******.
See them here.

http://wally1002.tripod.com/sq/squrel.gif

Wally

Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

We have had the usual squirrel damage this spring. Would you like use
the send you some?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered User

Mike I live in Middleton St. George, Darlington and last year we had dozen a pair even breeding in an owl nest box, but this year they have completely disappeared.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddymike View Post
We had several grey squirrels in the gardens last year, annoying at times
but mostly entertaining. No sign of any this year. Any ideas why?

Mike
Hard winter? THey come out and feed on mild days, and there weren't that many mild days this last winter.