Old 10-05-2011, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Loud chirping is new behaviour

Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on the
roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip for about
twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before. I've shouted up to
turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 10, 10:53*am, "john ryan" wrote:
Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on the
roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip for about
twenty minutes at a time. *It has never done this before. I've shouted up to
turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

It is blackbirdish for "f***k off everyone else, this is MY zone."

There's nothing nice about birds. They are vicious killers.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"john ryan" wrote in message
Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on the
roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip for about
twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before. I've shouted up
to turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

I have the same night and day after day.

And if you notice, it is talking to another one some way away. It's a
territorial thing and has been going on year after year for a long time.

And if you also notice, one will not start the reply, until the other one
has finished its 'Chat', 'Song'

Somewhat more polite than some people

Kindest regards

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 10 May 2011 john ryan wrote:

Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on the
roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip for about
twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before. I've shouted up to
turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

It could either be another blackbird invading its territory or a
predator such as a cat. Our cats like tantalising blackbirds. The more
the birds chirp the more the cats sit smugly enjoying it!

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"john ryan" wrote

Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on the
roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip for about
twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before. I've shouted up
to turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

I've just had a long discussion with a couple of Ring Necked Parakeets that
insist in walking about in the top of our Robinia pseudoacacia "tortuosa"
eating the flowers, unfortunately it then comes out the other end all over
our car.

On a similar vein for dog lovers.... (turn sound up and wait 'till after the
advert.)
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/%E2%80%98ta...s-the-web.html
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 10-05-2011, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

john ryan wrote:
Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on
the roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip
for about twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before.
I've shouted up to turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

Is there a new cat in the area on the prowl? I refer to the local birds as
my "cat alarm" since the sudden racket breaking out is generally advance
warning that the cat's on her way home.

Ian

Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ian B" wrote in message
john ryan wrote:
Our local blackbird over the last three days has taken to sitting on
the roof aerial and is *loudly* chirp, chirp, chirp, and chirp, chip
for about twenty minutes at a time. It has never done this before.
I've shouted up to turn the noise down, but it's not listening.

Any idea what is going on with it?

Is there a new cat in the area on the prowl? I refer to the local birds as
my "cat alarm" since the sudden racket breaking out is generally advance
warning that the cat's on her way home.

Ian

With Blackbirds, that warning cluck cluck cluck is accompanied with the
flapping of wings and tail. The territorial singing, with the bird adding
more and more complicated notes and trills as it gets older, is calmer and
there is no wing and tail movement.

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

speed queen loud and leaking: new or repair T[_4_] Edible Gardening 11 06-02-2016 08:08 PM
MUFFLER,very,very,very LOUD [email protected] Lawns 7 21-09-2006 06:13 PM
Loud "spitter" k conover Ponds 6 29-03-2004 03:36 PM
Who is this loud mouthed critter? John Bachman Ponds 6 25-06-2003 11:44 AM
Sprinkler system is making loud noise and stops for few seconds Bharat Texas 2 12-05-2003 10:08 PM