GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Raspberry Suckers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/196981-raspberry-suckers.html)

Moonraker 13-05-2011 04:10 PM

Raspberry Suckers

My raspberries started throwing up suckers in early Spring, some of
these are even flowering. Also there are scores of them, a veritable
forest. This has never happened before, normally each stool throws up a
few, not until about now. Should I cut them out now keeping just 2 or 3
a stool, or leave them until after last years have fruited?

Derek[_6_] 14-05-2011 09:22 AM

Raspberry Suckers

On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:10:52 +0100, Moonraker
wrote:

This has never happened before, normally each stool throws up a
few, not until about now. Should I cut them out now keeping just 2 or 3
a stool,

Yes, suckers will make the ones you keep , weaker.

mogga 14-05-2011 11:28 AM

Raspberry Suckers

wrote:

This has never happened before, normally each stool throws up a
few, not until about now. Should I cut them out now keeping just 2 or 3
a stool,

Yes, suckers will make the ones you keep , weaker.

I've got them in my lawn. :(
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

'Mike'[_4_] 14-05-2011 11:45 AM

Raspberry Suckers

wrote:

This has never happened before, normally each stool throws up a
few, not until about now. Should I cut them out now keeping just 2 or 3
a stool,

Yes, suckers will make the ones you keep , weaker.

I've got them in my lawn. :(
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Staghorn sumac is like that :-((

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.