GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant i.d please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/197010-plant-i-d-please.html)

Sheila 14-05-2011 07:09 PM

Plant i.d please

http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=IMAG0025.jpg

These have appeared in a pot that has morning glory planted in it, on
reflection, I may have mixed some seeds together, any idea what I am
cultivating alongside my morning glory!

Thanks.

No Name 14-05-2011 08:02 PM

Plant i.d please

sheila wrote:
http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=IMAG0025.jpg

These have appeared in a pot that has morning glory planted in it, on
reflection, I may have mixed some seeds together, any idea what I am
cultivating alongside my morning glory!

Don't know what it is, but it has very nice leaves, except for those
slightly worrying dots. And something has had a good munch out of the top
leaf.

Reminds me, I forgot to sow morning glory this year. :-( Is it too late?
(I suspect it was a March/April seed)

Dave Hill 14-05-2011 09:40 PM

Plant i.d please

On May 14, 8:02*pm, wrote:
sheila wrote:
http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/d...action=view&cu....

These have appeared in a pot that has morning glory planted in it, on
reflection, I may have mixed some seeds together, any idea what I am
cultivating alongside my morning glory!

Don't know what it is, but it has very nice leaves, except for those
slightly worrying dots. *And something has had a good munch out of the top
leaf.

Reminds me, I forgot to sow morning glory this year. *:-( *Is it too late?
(I suspect it was a March/April seed)

Try Shoo-Fly Plant (Apple of Peru) (Nicandra physalodes)

kay 14-05-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hill (Post 921438)
On May 14, 8:02*pm, wrote:
sheila wrote:
Pictures by sheilaformby - Photobucket....

These have appeared in a pot that has morning glory planted in it, on
reflection, I may have mixed some seeds together, any idea what I am
cultivating alongside my morning glory!

Don't know what it is, but it has very nice leaves, except for those
slightly worrying dots. *And something has had a good munch out of the top
leaf.

Reminds me, I forgot to sow morning glory this year. *:-( *Is it too late?
(I suspect it was a March/April seed)

Try Shoo-Fly Plant (Apple of Peru) (Nicandra physalodes)

Yes, agreed, shoo-fly. Will have quite nice blue and white flowers in due course.

Sheila 15-05-2011 08:59 AM

Plant i.d please

"kay" wrote in message

Dave Hill;921438 Wrote:
(http://tinyurl.com/69ogtjv)....-
-

--
kay

Thank you all, perhaps I will remember it from last summer when I see it!