GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Smokeless fuel for chiminea/firepit? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/197050-smokeless-fuel-chiminea-firepit.html)

Mentalguy2k8[_2_] 16-05-2011 09:28 PM

Smokeless fuel for chiminea/firepit?

Hi again,

Do any of you run either of the above, and if so have you come across any
fuel that is truly smokeless (or close)?

I bought some of that "smokeless" fuel that looks like a kind of conical
biscuit (it's compressed sawdust), it burns nice and smoke-free and throws
out a decent amount of heat, but it smokes like buggery when it's going
out..... I've had to empty a bucket of water on it before the neighbours
call 999!

The best I've found is the smokeless BBQ coal, but I wondered if anyone has
experience of anything even less smokey? I was toying with the idea of
buying a gas patio heater until I saw the running costs...

Mentalguy2k8[_2_] 17-05-2011 02:23 PM

Smokeless fuel for chiminea/firepit?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 May 2011 01:04:29 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On May 16, 9:28 pm, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

The best I've found is the smokeless BBQ coal, but I wondered if anyone
has
experience of anything even less smokey? I was toying with the idea of
buying a gas patio heater until I saw the running costs...

Barbeque charcoal.

It's what he said. He asked for something even less smoky; for example
unlit BBQ charcoal.

LOL, I'll leave it in the bag unlit and wear an extra jumper!