Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered User

Default Turning a concrete terraced yard into a garden

Hi,

I currently have an average sized concrete terraced yard with about 15 pot plants in. It's north facing but gets a reasonable amount of sunlight. I'm thinking about what I can do to make it "more green", and to attract more wildlife. I would like to retain the shed and decking. Currently we get visits from blue tits, robins, slugs, bees, blue bottle flies, and ladybirds in small numbers.

I would like a patch of lawn but there doesn't seem space for it. Also anything that involved digging up the concrete would probably be expensive.

Does anyone have an ideas for things such as lawns,water features,beds,particular plants that would make my yard more green?!

See attached for photos of my garden.

thanks

Ric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg
Views:	8348
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	13704   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2192.jpg
Views:	2778
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	13705