GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First Garlic .......... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/197554-first-garlic.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 27-05-2011 01:03 PM

First Garlic ..........

http://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/ now on the Isle of Wight
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/brot...ity-38927.aspx

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

[email protected] 27-05-2011 04:22 PM

First Garlic ..........

On Fri, 27 May 2011 13:03:20 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

http://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/ now on the Isle of Wight
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/brot...ity-38927.aspx

Mike

I sampled my first clove from the garden about three weeks ago. My
Garlic patch has suffered from the depredations of the local wildlife
and then stems of a number of plants have been broken. So, I lifted
the bulbs from the more seriously damaged plants. The bulbs are
disappointlingly small but nevertheless flavoursome. Next year's crop
will be planted in a more secure and better prepared plot. I'll start
them off earlier and will certainly plant more.

Regards
JonH