GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Safe places to upload photos (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/197708-safe-places-upload-photos.html)

mogga 28-05-2011 01:43 PM

Safe places to upload photos

For sharing garden photos...

Facebook (when it works right allows public sharing of photos)

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/
needs an account to post - but doesn't have mad pop ups.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

David in Normandy[_8_] 28-05-2011 02:22 PM

On 28/05/2011 14:43, mogga wrote:
For sharing garden photos...

Facebook (when it works right allows public sharing of photos)

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/
needs an account to post - but doesn't have mad pop ups.

I used to use photobucket but the site has become so bloated and full of
crap that I find it unusable nowadays. It is very slow to load or login
for anyone who hasn't got broadband.

I'll give Flickr a try.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

'Mike'[_4_] 28-05-2011 02:27 PM

Safe places to upload photos

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
. fr...
On 28/05/2011 14:43, mogga wrote:
For sharing garden photos...

Facebook (when it works right allows public sharing of photos)

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/
needs an account to post - but doesn't have mad pop ups.

I used to use photobucket but the site has become so bloated and full of
crap that I find it unusable nowadays. It is very slow to load or login
for anyone who hasn't got broadband.

I'll give Flickr a try.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

www.myalbum.com

:-))

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=FMWHTXMP

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Jeff Layman[_2_] 28-05-2011 03:46 PM

On 28/05/2011 13:43, mogga wrote:
For sharing garden photos...

Facebook (when it works right allows public sharing of photos)

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/
needs an account to post - but doesn't have mad pop ups.

It's not just safety you should be concerned about. Check who has
copyright on uploaded photos. You may think it's you, but it may not be
as clear as you think.

For example, with respect to Picasa, see section 11 he
http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS?hl=US
(NB according to section 9.4 on that page, this is a "limited license"...)

--

Jeff

MuddyMike 31-05-2011 11:39 AM

On 2011-05-28 14:22:38 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 28/05/2011 14:43, mogga wrote:
For sharing garden photos...

Facebook (when it works right allows public sharing of photos)

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/
needs an account to post - but doesn't have mad pop ups.

I used to use photobucket but the site has become so bloated and full of
crap that I find it unusable nowadays. It is very slow to load or login
for anyone who hasn't got broadband.

I'll give Flickr a try.

I haven't tried Flickr but I've used tinypic and am happy with that site.
--

I have always used Ovi and have never had any bother. Its simple to use
which is a bonus. It was taken over by Nokia a while back and now also

Mike

Mike

mathewwjohn 31-05-2011 05:35 PM

I accept consistently acclimated Ovi and accept never had any bother. Its simple to use which is a bonus. It was taken over by Nokia a while aback and now also contains a lot of buzz stuff, but still works for me.