GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The rain it's still a raining (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/197827-rain-its-still-raining.html)

Dave Hill 30-05-2011 11:47 AM

The rain it's still a raining

Here just outside Swansea and 500 ft above it it's wet.
Checked at 10am and we had had 0.85 inches and it's still raining, no
way I'll be able to get on the ground to get the dahlias planted for a
few days now.
Just when I had thought I would be able to get them planted earlier
than normal the weather had to take a hand.
I've managed to get 50 of the tree dahlias planted but I still have
about 30 more to get planted then around 5'000 ordinary dahlias and
around 800 seedlings.
David Hill

kay 30-05-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hill (Post 924746)
Here just outside Swansea and 500 ft above it it's wet.
Checked at 10am and we had had 0.85 inches and it's still raining, no
way I'll be able to get on the ground to get the dahlias planted for a
few days now.
Just when I had thought I would be able to get them planted earlier
than normal the weather had to take a hand.
I've managed to get 50 of the tree dahlias planted but I still have
about 30 more to get planted then around 5'000 ordinary dahlias and
around 800 seedlings.
David Hill

But it stopped raining in Cardiff and that's the important thing. All out for 82!