Old 05-06-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Standard Bay Trees

Someone was asking a little while back about either Standard or Specimen Bay
Trees. Well I have been involved in a Wedding recently at my daughter's and
son in law's, they borrowed both of my Gazebos, and those doing the flowers,
brought in a couple of Standard Bay Trees in pots. REAL, LIVE Bay Trees. My
daughter already had plastic ones and these were used too, but have a look
at the pictures in the following link, but before you go, read my notes ;-)

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-3CWBQNM...-of-Other.html

NOTES.

On picture 1129, if you click on the picture twice to enlarge it, you will
see two standard Bay Trees either side of the path in front of the pillars
in pots. They are plastic, BUT, behind that, to the right of the door, with
directions to the Bar, which is a REAL Standard Bay supplied by the florists
who did the Wedding.

1130 shows some of the grounds for the Photo Shoot

1131, when clicked on twice, enlarges so you can see the real Standard Bay
tree

1132 shows the other REAL Bay before the Caterers set up the Champagne
Tables

1133 shows the tables set for the reception

1147 shows both plastic and real and grounds for Photo Shoot

Fantastic success, the weather was superb, ................................
but then it was the Isle of Wight with the Sunshine Record

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Standard Bay in touble Niall Smyth United Kingdom 8 27-06-2005 09:58 PM
Bay Trees Andy Sanson United Kingdom 13 25-11-2003 12:14 AM
Standard bay trees Jim Paterson United Kingdom 0 03-08-2003 06:42 PM
Bay Trees AndWhyNot United Kingdom 25 07-07-2003 09:20 AM
Standard Bay Trees Camilla Peake United Kingdom 4 18-03-2003 12:08 PM