GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Miracle Grow Feeder (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198013-miracle-grow-feeder.html)

Judith 06-06-2011 05:39 PM

Miracle Grow Feeder

I am about to be given one of them - the same as
http://www.shopping.com/Ortho-Miracl...og-Feeder/info

It appears that you can put varying amounts of the soluble feed in the
container - hence when the container first fills with water it will be at
varying strengths proportional to the quantity of soluble feed put in
container.

Given that the rate of water entering and leaving the container and hence
mixing with the water coming out of the nozzle is always the same - doesn't
that mean the actual strength of the solution coming out of the nozzle varies?

Judith 06-06-2011 07:21 PM

Miracle Grow Feeder

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:09:10 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:39:35 +0100, Judith
wrote:

I am about to be given one of them - the same as
http://www.shopping.com/Ortho-Miracl...og-Feeder/info

It appears that you can put varying amounts of the soluble feed in the
container - hence when the container first fills with water it will be at
varying strengths proportional to the quantity of soluble feed put in
container.

Given that the rate of water entering and leaving the container and hence
mixing with the water coming out of the nozzle is always the same - doesn't
that mean the actual strength of the solution coming out of the nozzle varies?

Were you expecting a ten dollar miracle? :-)

I'm not too sure what to expect - is my assumption correct?

lannerman 06-06-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judith (Post 925832)
I am about to be given one of them - the same as
Miracle Gro No Clog Feeder - Product Reviews and Prices - Shopping.com

It appears that you can put varying amounts of the soluble feed in the
container - hence when the container first fills with water it will be at
varying strengths proportional to the quantity of soluble feed put in
container.

Given that the rate of water entering and leaving the container and hence
mixing with the water coming out of the nozzle is always the same - doesn't
that mean the actual strength of the solution coming out of the nozzle varies?

Hi Judith, No not really because the dilution rate is about the same, obviously it does vary slightly but I'm a semi-commercial grower of plants and find its a very good way to feed but 2 points of importance, firstly, never feed in direct sunlight and secondly always hold the feeder level or you will get very erratic ammounts of feed ? The foliar feeding effect from 'miracle-grow' is excellent and finally to get the best results, I always water well first and then feed after, never feed dry compost (but then, I'm talking shrubs in pots)
Lannerman