GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   horse manure (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198126-horse-manure.html)

rabc 09-06-2011 02:12 PM

horse manure

was thinking of putting some in netting and leaving it in my water butt and using the water on my tomato ,hanging basket and bedding plants would they benefit or am i just wasting my time ,cheers

harry 09-06-2011 07:14 PM

horse manure

--
rabc

It is a traditional smelly pursuit of some gardeners from days gone
by.
I don't think it has any special benifits.
Put your horse shit on the compost heap and buy some tomato fertilizer
or other for the rest of your plants..
You will have a balanced fertilizer then and have much better results.