GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   another plant I.d please!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198129-another-plant-i-d-please.html)

Sheila 09-06-2011 12:40 PM

another plant I.d please!!

http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=IMAG0042.jpg

Its the variegated one I don't know, it suddenly appeared last year, I left
it and its spreading like mad, its probably a weed, but I think its quite
pretty, its very soft, not sharp as you would think it to be.

Spider[_3_] 09-06-2011 02:39 PM

another plant I.d please!!

On 09/06/2011 12:40, sheila wrote:
http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=IMAG0042.jpg

Its the variegated one I don't know, it suddenly appeared last year, I left
it and its spreading like mad, its probably a weed, but I think its quite
pretty, its very soft, not sharp as you would think it to be.

Hi Sheila,

It looks a lot like Artemesia 'Oriental Limelight', or a seedling from
the same. It was in vogue a few years ago, mainly as a foliage plant,
as the flowers are nothing to write home about.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

Sheila 09-06-2011 08:30 PM

another plant I.d please!!

"Spider" wrote in message
On 09/06/2011 12:40, sheila wrote:
http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=IMAG0042.jpg

Its the variegated one I don't know, it suddenly appeared last year, I
left
it and its spreading like mad, its probably a weed, but I think its quite
pretty, its very soft, not sharp as you would think it to be.

Hi Sheila,

It looks a lot like Artemesia 'Oriental Limelight', or a seedling from the
same. It was in vogue a few years ago, mainly as a foliage plant, as the
flowers are nothing to write home about.

Thanks for that, yes, I think that's what it is, especially after seeing it
should be planted in a pot as it spreads like mint.......

Janet Tweedy 12-06-2011 09:52 AM

another plant I.d please!!

In article , Spider
writes
Hi Sheila,

It looks a lot like Artemesia 'Oriental Limelight', or a seedling from
the same. It was in vogue a few years ago, mainly as a foliage plant,
as the flowers are nothing to write home about.

Yes Artemesia definitely, it's not too bad as a foliage plant though and
should be easy to control.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph