GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   is artificial grass better than real grass? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198150-artificial-grass-better-than-real-grass.html)

gardener222 10-06-2011 11:53 AM

is artificial grass better than real grass?

I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

MuddyMike 10-06-2011 04:37 PM

Is fake grass expensive?

"gardener222" wrote in message

would just like to no if fake grass is expensive or should i just go
with the real grass.

Why not try buying some online, you will soon find out.

Mike

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 10-06-2011 05:02 PM

Is fake grass expensive?

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:48:42 +0000, gardener222 wrote:

would just like to no if fake grass is expensive or should i just go
with the real grass.

Has your shift key broken? The fith word should be "know" as in
knowledge, not "no" as in negative.

The answer: JFGI.

--
Cheers
Dave.

'Mike'[_4_] 10-06-2011 05:27 PM

Is fake grass expensive?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:48:42 +0000, gardener222 wrote:

would just like to no if fake grass is expensive or should i just go
with the real grass.

Has your shift key broken? The fith word should be "know" as in
knowledge, not "no" as in negative.

The answer: JFGI.

--
Cheers
Dave.

'The fith word '

Excuse me asking, but do you mean 'fifth' as in '5' ?

Kindest regards

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Drobium 10-06-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardener222 (Post 926279)
I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

I'm not a huge fan of fake lawns, but if you've not alot of time then it's a viable option.
The one thing I would suggest is that you should read as many customer reviews on whatever product you are looking at as is possible.
The reason for this is that green astro turf and fake grass, if of substandard quality, can fade to blue after only a year or so, which would not make you a very happy bunny! :-D

lannerman 10-06-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardener222 (Post 926279)
I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

Hi, In my opinion, no its not ! You must be very wealthy as it is very expensive, ok, it looks ok (until it fades) but theres no substitute for the real thing.
Lannerman.

mogga 11-06-2011 03:11 PM

Is fake grass expensive?

wrote:

would just like to no if fake grass is expensive or should i just go
with the real grass.

Look for spraying grass green vids
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

CathB 11-06-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardener222 (Post 926279)
I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

My son builds artificial putting greens for Golfers to practice on. He put an artificial green in for me and it is really nice, I know I could not have afforded to buy this myself and it has saved me so much time that I can devote more time to the other parts of the garden. Sometimes little weeds come through in it but they are easy to tease out as there is sand in the "carpet" people look at it and they do not realise it is artificial, I have had this down now for over 5 years and it has never faded, this part of my garden gets a lot of sunlight.
Check out Huxell

cheers Cath

goodman 12-07-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardener222 (Post 926279)
I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

Hi,

I actually have fake grass in my front garden, much like you I don't have a lot of free time for gardening so it suits me down to the ground! I used a company called Everlawn, they sent me through a free sample, and gave me plenty of useful tips! Plus they deliver your artificial grass in large rolls anywhere in the UK and even offer an installation service!

'Mike'[_4_] 12-07-2011 04:40 PM

"goodman" wrote in message

gardener222;926279 Wrote:
I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't
have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I
try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

Hi,

I actually have fake grass in my front garden, much like you I don't
have a lot of free time for gardening so it suits me down to the ground!
I used a company called Everlawn, they sent me through a free sample,
and gave me plenty of useful tips! Plus they deliver your artificial
grass in large rolls anywhere in the UK and even offer an installation
service!

--

goodman

My Step-Mother had it on the balcony of her private apartment when she had
the hotel. "IDEAL" for the situation. Like Silk Flowers on a grave when one
is unable to attend to the grave on a regular basis.

Mike

Sultana Wahab 28-07-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardener222 (Post 926279)
I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

- Personally I prefer to look and feel real grass than the plastic stuff.
I'd be interested to know what you went for.
Also, I thought you have to maintain fake grass (astro turf). Are they not 'sand' based? therefore move and change shape when walked on i.e become lumpy?
:s

Franciscowhite 09-10-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardener222 (Post 926279)
I have recently bought a house and the garden needs some work, I don't have alot of time on my hands to maintain it though, and was suggested I try fake grass, but is astro turf better than real grass?

I suggest u to use the artificial grass for it it just like a one time payment it does not require the much maintenance for it so u can easily manage it in ur lawn because nobody have much time nowadays and it looks quite natural unless u touch it..........

kay 09-10-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franciscowhite (Post 939112)
I suggest u to use the artificial grass for it it just like a one time payment it does not require the much maintenance for it so u can easily manage it in ur lawn because nobody have much time nowadays and it looks quite natural unless u touch it..........

What happens over the longer term eg if you have leaves falling on it? I would have thought in time it will get an accumulation of soil, rotted vegetation, followed by moss, pearlwort, grass etc.