GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   TV programme (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198202-tv-programme.html)

Janet Tweedy 12-06-2011 06:13 PM

TV programme

The programme with Timothy Walker is called Botany a Blooming History.
It's on BBC Four so should be on Iplayer

Next week it's photosynthesis.

Times:
Tuesday 9pm and again at Midnight etc. etc.
--
Janet Tweedy

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 13-06-2011 09:25 AM

TV programme

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

The programme with Timothy Walker is called Botany a Blooming History.
It's on BBC Four so should be on Iplayer

Next week it's photosynthesis.

Times:
Tuesday 9pm and again at Midnight etc. etc.
--
Janet Tweedy

Last weeks was excellent.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Dave Poole 13-06-2011 11:07 AM

TV programme

Yes, I was aware of John Ray's early contribution as well as the work
carried out by Miller at Chelsea Physic, so I was only half paying
attention. Interesting to learn of the confrontation between Miller
and Linnaeus though and I found the deep concern experienced by Thomas
Fairchild when he produced the very first man-made plant hybrid,
rather thought provoking.