GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flaming June (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198302-flaming-june.html)

David WE Roberts[_2_] 16-06-2011 01:29 PM

Flaming June

It's flaming raining - like someone turned on a celestial power shower.
Thunder as well.

Amazing what declaring a drought can do.....

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Baz[_3_] 16-06-2011 02:16 PM

Flaming June

"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

It's flaming raining - like someone turned on a celestial power shower.
Thunder as well.

Amazing what declaring a drought can do.....

erm...yea

Baz

Jake 16-06-2011 03:00 PM

Flaming June

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:29:36 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

It's flaming raining - like someone turned on a celestial power shower.
Thunder as well.

Amazing what declaring a drought can do.....

Here (dry end of Swansea Bay) we had a bit of rain, well more like a
few showers, earlier. But that's probably because Wales is only in a
"near drought" so we don't get as much as you! If forecast is to be
believed we'll get it heavily tomorrow .... maybe!

Pam Moore[_2_] 16-06-2011 05:06 PM

Flaming June

wrote:

It's flaming raining - like someone turned on a celestial power shower.
Thunder as well.

But someone up there is trying to put the fire out with rain!

Pam in Bristol

David WE Roberts[_2_] 16-06-2011 06:30 PM

Flaming June

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
It's flaming raining - like someone turned on a celestial power shower.
Thunder as well.

Amazing what declaring a drought can do.....

What is more, I've spent some time drilling emergency drain holes in some of
my planters which have tomatoes in.
Previous years they have been fine, but they just can't drain quickly enough
this year and the compost is waterlogged.
It looks to be killing off the tomatoes which I thought was near impossible
once the tomatoes had started growing.

Bob Hobden 16-06-2011 09:16 PM

Flaming June

"David WE Roberts" wrote ...

It's flaming raining - like someone turned on a celestial power shower.
Thunder as well.

Amazing what declaring a drought can do.....

We were up in London today having organised a trip on Jasons Narrowboat from
Little Venice to Camden Lock and back later in the afternoon. Luckily it
only rained properly on the way there as the boat isn't entirely watertight
from above. Good trip BTW and Camden Market has to be experienced (but not
on a weekend).

Must be Ascot week, the Orient Express has just gone past towards Waterloo
pulled by steam.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

hugh 17-06-2011 02:00 PM

Flaming June

In message , David WE Roberts
writes
It's flaming raining - like someone turned on a celestial power shower.
Thunder as well.

Amazing what declaring a drought can do.....

Well we're up to 13mm of rain so far compared with a monthly average of
40-50mm so bring it on!
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha

Pete C[_3_] 17-06-2011 08:31 PM

Flaming June

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"David WE Roberts" wrote ...
We were up in London today having organised a trip on Jasons Narrowboat
from Little Venice to Camden Lock and back later in the afternoon. Luckily
it only rained properly on the way there as the boat isn't entirely
watertight from above. Good trip BTW and Camden Market has to be
experienced (but not on a weekend).

Snipped here and there.

If you go to Camden Market, you 'have' to eat from the stalls. I'm drooling
thinking about it!!
Pete C