GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dead-heading Heuchera (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198513-dead-heading-heuchera.html)

Chris J Dixon 27-06-2011 02:11 PM

Dead-heading Heuchera

Whilst I am used to dead-heading, I had never thought to apply it
to Heuchera, possibly because the seed heads are still quite
attractive. However, I've recently seen it suggested. Any
thoughts?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Ian B[_3_] 27-06-2011 10:40 PM

Dead-heading Heuchera

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Whilst I am used to dead-heading, I had never thought to apply it
to Heuchera, possibly because the seed heads are still quite
attractive. However, I've recently seen it suggested. Any
thoughts?

I just remove them wehn they look unsightly. I don't think it has a
significant effect on the plant.

Ian

Jake 27-06-2011 10:51 PM

Dead-heading Heuchera

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:11:01 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Whilst I am used to dead-heading, I had never thought to apply it
to Heuchera, possibly because the seed heads are still quite
attractive. However, I've recently seen it suggested. Any
thoughts?

Chris

Am I lazy? I've never dead headed, chopped or done anything to
heucheras other than, every other year, "replanting" them - they seem
to push themselves out of the ground.
Jake

Spider[_3_] 28-06-2011 09:57 PM

Dead-heading Heuchera

On 27/06/2011 14:11, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Whilst I am used to dead-heading, I had never thought to apply it
to Heuchera, possibly because the seed heads are still quite
attractive. However, I've recently seen it suggested. Any
thoughts?

Chris

Yes. I've been doing it for some time and am repaid with more flowers.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London