GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bay Trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198800-bay-trees.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 11-07-2011 01:55 PM

Bay Trees

The Culinary Bay grows like a weed in our garden and I am told that Bay
Leaves can be quite costly to buy.

Question. Who would want a load when we trim/hack our Bay Tree back 'AGAIN'.

No not interested in a 'money making project', just seems a waste to shred
them.

Mike

Stephen Wolstenholme 11-07-2011 02:19 PM

Bay Trees

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:55:49 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

The Culinary Bay grows like a weed in our garden and I am told that Bay
Leaves can be quite costly to buy.

Question. Who would want a load when we trim/hack our Bay Tree back 'AGAIN'.

No not interested in a 'money making project', just seems a waste to shred
them.

Mike

Take up bay leaf tea brewing. It tastes very nice and cures everything
from flu to gout but you need a lot of leaves. About 10 leaves
simmered for 20 minutes in a litre of water is a good starting point
until you get the taste.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com