GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pink fluffy flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/198810-pink-fluffy-flower.html)

john smile 11-07-2011 10:12 PM

Pink fluffy flower

Can anyone id this flower please.

kay 11-07-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john smile (Post 929941)
Can anyone id this flower please.

We need a bit more info than "pink fluffy flower"!

If you tried to attach a picture - this is a no-binaries newsgroup, and the picture will have been stripped off. You'll need to post your picture somewhere else (eg Flickr or Picaso) and post the url here.

lannerman 11-07-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john smile (Post 929941)
Can anyone id this flower please.

I bet its Albizia ?

Mike Lyle[_1_] 11-07-2011 11:50 PM

Pink fluffy flower

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:32:02 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:12:06 -0700 (PDT), john smile
wrote:

Can anyone id this flower please.

Googling for 'pink fluffy flower' produces 9,730 hits. It shouldn't
take you more than a few weeks to work your way through them!

Failing that, a bit more info would be helpful, or even a link to a
picture.

How about Spiraea billardii? See:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=i...0l1498l1.3.4l8
or, less expansively:
http://tinyurl.com/6h56eqv

--
Mike.

Cidlyselina 12-07-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lannerman (Post 929945)
I bet its Albizia ?

Yeah, I knew a way to grow flowers

Janet Tweedy 12-07-2011 03:30 AM

Pink fluffy flower

In article , Mike Lyle
writes
How about Spiraea billardii? See:

Spirea it looks like though just possible it's a Hebe?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

john smile 12-07-2011 07:41 AM

Pink fluffy flower

How about Spiraea billardii? See:http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=i...&biw=1079&bih=...
or, less expansively:http://tinyurl.com/6h56eqv

--
Mike.

Thank you, it was spiraea billardii i am looking for. All i have to go
on was 'fluffy pink flower'. I didn't had a clue. What a guess. I am
gobsmacked. I will try to remember the picture next time.Sorry and
thank you

glenvern 12-07-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kay (Post 929944)
We need a bit more info than "pink fluffy flower"!

If you tried to attach a picture - this is a no-binaries newsgroup, and the picture will have been stripped off. You'll need to post your picture somewhere else (eg Flickr or Picaso) and post the url here.

I too am trying to identify a fluffy pink flower (shrub/tree)?

you will see the photo here -

abi.html

Thanx for any help..Vernon

Mike Lyle[_1_] 12-07-2011 09:29 PM

Pink fluffy flower

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:59:09 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:11:11 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

I too am trying to identify a fluffy pink flower (shrub/tree)?

you will see the photo here -

'abi.html' (http://tinyurl.com/6x5eva7)

Thanx for any help..Vernon

Looks like a tamarisk but I don't know which variety.

Cheers
Jake

Another vote for tamarisk. Possibly Tamarix tetrandra / T. parviflora,
which flowers April-May, whereas T. pentandra / T. ramosissima is
late-summer flowering.

Yep, tamarisk -- cordially detested as "Salt cedar" in the US, where
it finds certain treasured landscapes so much to its liking that it's
become an invasive pest.

Can anybody separate the two spp by overall "gross" appearance rather
than flowering period? I'd love to know.

--
Mike.