Old 16-07-2011, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cardboard and Shredders

Just a thought. Anybody tried putting cardboard through the Garden shredder
whilst shredding garden stuff and mixing the two that way? Come to that,
anybody put cardboard through the shredder?

Mike

Old 16-07-2011, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 16, 1:30*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
Just a thought. Anybody tried putting cardboard through the Garden shredder
whilst shredding garden stuff and mixing the two that way? Come to that,
anybody put cardboard through the shredder?

Mike

My wife's parrots shred all our cardboard in a very efficient
manner :-)
Old 18-07-2011, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/07/2011 20:41, harry wrote:

My wife's parrots shred all our cardboard in a very efficient
manner :-)

I just roughly tear up cardboard by hand and put it into the compost
bin. It disappears fast enough. Things like cereal boxes etc I just rip
into approx 6 inch squares.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 18-07-2011, 11:39 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Normandy[_8_] View Post

I just roughly tear up cardboard by hand and put it into the compost
bin. It disappears fast enough. Things like cereal boxes etc I just rip
into approx 6 inch squares.
I don't even do that much. I just flatten stuff out. (Worms congregate underneath) Except for large cardboard boxes (2ft square) which I use as receptacles for weeds, then put on top of the heap - it's useful at this time of the year when I'm adding a lot to the heaps - it means I can extend the heap another 2ft higher by building a wall of weed-filled cardboard boxes ;-)